Friday, June 26, 2009

baby frog...

Today, on my way to the research center, two very worried old lady approached me and asked, "Sorry, could you please help us?"

"Yeah, sure, how can I help?" I said in my Malaysian accent.

"You see, there's a baby frog on the floor and we are afraid someone may step on it. Could you please help to move it over to the bush? Just over to the bush would be fine."


Baby frog?!?!! Malaysians wouldn't be bother if there is 3-year old kid on the floor let alone a baby frog. But, ah, what the heck I thought. And so I decided to help relocate that poor frog to the bushes.

Recalling the Nat Geo programs that I watched, I suspect some toads are poisonous (heck, I don't even know if it's a baby frog or toad despite all the Nat Geo). "Is it poisonous?" I asked.

"No."

Just when I reached out my hand to pick up the frog, she added, "I don't think so."

Great. What is done is done. I picked it up, moved it to the bushes, got my "thank you" and went straight to the bathroom to wash my hands.

What a strange encounter...

******************************
If my mom reads this, she's gonna freak out.

2 comments:

Snowpiano^ ^ said...

Wah.....wat a kind man... :D

Yin Gee said...

一点都不像你。。。哈哈!